Redevelopment of the site in the heart of Cherry Hinton to replace 16 aging homes with 48 new council rented homes and four new commercial units.
|Start on site construction:||Q3 2022|
|Build completion:||Q1 2024|
- Replacement to much higher sustainability standards and a net gain of 30 units on the site, reprovision and updating of village centre shops to BREEAM.
- The homes have been designed to a Fabric First approach with increased insulation and air tightness
- Mechanically ventilated heat recovery systems in each property
- High levels of cycle storage will be included along with electrical vehicle charging points
- Heating provided through electrical Air Source Heat Pump instead of gas, providing low carbon heating.
- Green roofs which will be installed on the flat roofs to increase thermal mass and aid ecology and enhanced biodiversity on the site alongside the landscaping.
- A sustainable drainage system will aid the existing surface sewer system and allow a more even distribution of drainage.
- Rain gardens will also be created along the High Street.